About this experience
Create a beautiful ceramic bowl on the potter’s wheel. Or you can practice! If you have already taken the intro class you can now take the workshop as a practice class!
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
Workshops scheduled before 6:30 pm: Ages 6* to Adult
Workshops scheduled 6:30 pm and later: Ages 14 to Adult
*Kids aged 6–11 must be accompanied by an Adult Participant. Both adult and child must be registered and paid for. Maximum 2 kids per adult participant.
HOW LONG IS THE WORKSHOP?
WHAT DO I MAKE?
Each person throws one bowl.
Maximum Dimensions: 4″× 4″
HOW THIS WORKSHOP WORKS
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME
- Attend the clay workshop on the date & time you selected.
- Watch our curator's step by step instructions on the wheel.
- The demo is about 15 minutes, which means you really have to be on time. :) The demo will commence within 5 minutes of the scheduled start time.
Please arrive on time to ensure you get the full instructions. Even come a little early! Look around, say hi! Please, please, be on time.
- After the demo, you have around 30 minutes to play on the wheel. Two people will share one wheel. The instructor will be there to guide you and to cheer you on :)
- Each person is responsible for cleaning their own wheel and tools at the end of the workshop.
it is possible you will not complete a bowl. This is okay, clay wheel takes practice! Please enjoy the process of creating and getting your hands messy :)
Long nails and clay wheel do not mix!
DRESS FOR MESS!
We use professional materials and art supplies which means paint may stain clothing, shoes and jackets. We have aprons at the studio to borrow, but wet paint may be lurking around any corner. Please note, even if you are not doing a painting workshop, you may still get paint on you.
4Cats is not responsible for damage to clothing or personal belongings. Please leave the ball gowns and tuxedos at home.
Clay wheel creations take approximately 2 weeks to be fully dried and fired in the kiln.
Please check the Clay Status
link on the top menu to see if your clay is ready to be picked up. Participants WILL NOT receive a call or email when their clay has been fired.
Workshops are sold by the seat.
We do not have space for observers/helpers.
Each person attending must be registered.
Please click here
for workshop policies and FAQs.